La Salle's private mansion (not to be confused with its namesake on rue Saint-Dominique), sometimes also referred to as Caillebot de La Salle hotel or Castelnau hotel or Rotrou hotel, is located on Place des Vosges at number 5, in the 4th district of Paris.
Like the whole square, it was erected at the beginning of the 17th century (from 1605 to 1612). Inside, a painted ceiling was inscribed as a historical monument in 1926, while facades, roofs and the vaulted gallery and arcades were in 1955.
First occupied by relatives of Marie de Medici, he knew different owners. A detail is to be noticed: rails are always encrusted in the middle of the paving stones, in front of the portal leading to the court. They made it possible to connect the place to a place erected in 1914 which sheltered until 1954 the kitchens of the Compagnie des Wagons-lits. The dishes were loaded in refrigerated trucks after being driven on wagons.
The building is still private property. It can mark a tourist walk in the Marais district including the beautiful Place des Vosges (formerly Place Royale). Information on +33 1 49 52 42 63.