Building Louis XIII style installed on the famous Place des Vosges of the 4th arrondissement of Paris, the mansion of Sully was built in the seventeenth century by Jean Androuet du Cerceau.
Considered one of the most beautiful houses in the Marais district, it became the property in 1634 of Maximilian of Bethune, Duke of Sully and advisor to Henry IV in disgrace, which gave it its name.
Enlarged and redesigned a few years later, he served in the first half of the nineteenth century campus for students of the Special School of Commerce and Industry. Divided into apartments and other shops, it became state property in 1944. It now houses the National Monuments Center.