Also known as hotel Descures or hotel Nicolay-Goussainville, the hotel de Chaulnes takes place on the famous place des Vosges, in the 4th district of Paris, between the hotels of Sully and Pierrard.
Built in the early seventeenth century, it becomes the property of Honoré Albert d'Ally, Duke of Chaulnes, in 1644. After passing into the hands of several owners, it is confiscated by the revolutionaries before being returned to the Nicolaÿ family in 1801.
The facade and the roofs on the square and the gallery are classified as Historical Monuments, while the other facades and interior decorations are inscribed. The first floor currently hosts the headquarters of the Academy of Architecture.