Hearts. From Romanticism in Contemporary Art
- From 14 february to 12 july 2020
- Hôtel Scheffer-Renan - 16 rue Chaptal
- From 14 February, the day of Valentine's Day, and until July 12, 2020, the Museum of Romantic Life celebrates the heart and its representation in contemporary art. Whether seen by Niki de Saint Phalle, Pierre and Gilles, Sophie Calle, Annette Messager, all listed among the twenty artists exhibited, the heart enters alongside the collections of the 19th century museum. This creativity renews our vision of love and shows the influence of Romanticism on artists of our time.
Pompeii. Immersive Walk. Archaeological treasures. new Discoveries
- From 25 march to 8 june 2020
- 3 avenue du Général Eisenhower
- The Grand Palais honors, from March 25 to June 8, 2020, the city of Pompeii with an exceptional digital exhibition. The program includes projections 360 in high definition, 3D reconstructions and sound creation. The fully immersive journey traces the history of the famous ancient city in the time of its splendor to that of its destruction, through recent excavations. The spectacular setting of this exhibition makes it a unique event in France.
The Arc de Triomphe Bundled
- From 18 september to 3 october 2021
- Place Charles de Gaulle
- The artist Christo makes the Arc de Triomphe an immense gift and thus achieves an unprecedented temporary work, visible from 18 September to 3 October 2021. This monumental work of art, born in the mind of the artist in 1962, requires 25,000 square meters of fabric recyclable polypropylene bluish silver, and 7000 meters of rope red.