It is a very young commune that is discovered here. Souleuvre-en-Bocage was created on 1 January 2016 by bringing together some twenty villages including the communes of Beaulieu, Bény-Bocage, Bures-les-Monts, Campeaux, Carville, Etouvy, La Ferrière-Harang, La Graverie, Malloué, Montamy Sainte-Marie-Laumont, Saint-Martin-des-Besaces, Saint-Martin-Don, Saint-Ouen-des-Besaces, Saint-Pierre-Tarentaine and Le Tourneur. It is therefore a vast territory of 187.28 km² that takes shape between meadows and wooded groves where charming villages flourish here and there sheltering almost 9 000 inhabitants. Crossed by the Souleuvre and the Vire, the town possesses an exceptional natural patrimony conducive to the sports nature. In a bucolic countryside, Souleuvre-en-Bocage is a holiday resort par excellence.
Between streams and wooded hills, the place is ideal for hiking. Many itineraries are available, including those of the gorges of the Vire and the valley of the Souleuvre. The equestrian excursions are also on your agenda with the itinerary of the National Studs. You will also be able to cross the marked trails by mountain bike or by bike with many circuits proposed for amateur cyclist and confirmed.
But Souleuvre-en-Bocage is particularly renowned for thrill seekers. The Viaduc de Souleuvre proposes you to test the pendulum jump and the bungee jump. You can also try the giant swings and take a ride in the park barefoot. Unless it's a summer toboggan ride that tempts you or a ride on the zipline. The space is landscaped and there are picnic tables and on-site dining. Everything is done to spend a pleasant day in a natural site preserved to exceptional beauty.
For a walk or a part of fishing, the water of Bény-Bocage welcomes you in all seasons. You can stroll along the banks where the ducks frolic joyfully on the water a few meters from you. And if the heart tells you and you are in possession of your fishing license, you can throw your line into the fishy waters. There are also facilities available, including a playground and a fit park, among others.
After the discovery of the surrounding nature, a little culture awaits you at the museum of the Percée du Bocage. This place of history, open from May 1 to October 1, of course offers to visit the museum, but also to discover the steles around.
The town is rich with a historical heritage that you will have the opportunity to discover during your walks. In Bény-le-Bocage, you can admire the 18th century grain and butter market and the 17th century Sainte-Honorine church. Along the road, you can also see the old manor of Montfragon dating from the 15th century. Private property, it can not be visited. In Beaulieu, the building of the Town Hall of the XIXth century is worth the detour as well as the church and its presbytery dating respectively of the XVIIth and XVIIIth centuries. The castle of the court of the bottom of the thirteenth century awaits you at Bure-les-Monts as well as many calvaries. The church of Etouvy will surprise you with its unique bell named Gabrielle and the magnificent statue of the Virgin with the child of the sixteenth century. The church is also home to an 18th-century master-hotel and baptismal font from the 13th century. The presbytery and the town hall built in granite are also worth visiting, as is the 1765 bridge built in granite and limestone. La Ferrière-Harang has a remarkable church from the 17th-18th century and a chapel from the 15th century. At La Graverie stands a splendid 13th century church made of schist and granite. In Malloué, a church of the seventeenth century is waiting for you as well as a calvary, while in Montamy is an 18th century church with a remarkable bell tower. Le Reculey invites you to discover its chapel Notre-Dame du Bocage built in 1874 and its parish church of the eighteenth century. Sainte-Marie-Laumont has a superb church with a central tower dating from the 12th century. The Louis XV altarpiece sheltered in the church of Saint-Martin-des-Besaces will leave you speechless.
In Bény-le-Bocage, the market of local products welcomes you every Thursday morning to do your shopping. Every Wednesday evening from 6:30 pm to 10 pm, a kebab opens its doors to enjoy.
Carville held the garage on the first Sunday in July. It will be an opportunity for you to hunt old objects from the dungeons of the past. Also in July, it is the communal feast of the Sainte-Anne which animates Carville with a great convivial and festive mechoui. In December, do not miss the big party of end of the year with many animations.
The annual fair takes place in Etouvy on the last weekend of October.
In Mont-Bertrand, the traditional fishing day that takes place in July attracts fans of the genre. In September, the municipality organizes a big cycling race. The weekend is punctuated by a large mechoui and a garage.
In early May, do not miss the feast of Saint-Mathurin in Montchauvet and in mid-August, its traditional mechoui.
In Sainte-Marie-Laumont, the festival of the Virgin in the open air is held in May. On the second Sunday of June, you can participate in the 10-kilometer pedestrian rally that brings together many fans each year.
Every Saturday, under the market halls dating from the nineteenth century, is held in Saint-Martin-des-Besaces the weekly market of regional products. And it is in July that the communal feast takes place in a warm and festive atmosphere.
"Y a pas Personne" à Carville.
- On 2 march 2024
- Carville, Le Clac
- Le Clac is delighted to welcome a play by and starring Virginie Hue : "Y a pas personne".
Balade : Les Richesses de la Forêt
- On 6 march 2024
- Le Bény Bocage, Place du Dr Maugeais
- Come and discover the riches of the forest on a walk of just a few kilometers. A world you may never have imagined will reveal itself to you. Learn more about the way of life of many forest species. Learn how to find their shelters and how a simple tree can be a real living environment for a wide range of animals and plants. - Bring walking shoes and rain gear. Ages 7 and up
Sophrologie et Découverte Sensorielle au Jardin Potager
- On 7 march 2024
- 28 le hamel pin, Le Beny Bocage
- Discover the permaculture vegetable garden at the Maison de la Nature et de la Pierre Sèche. - During this session, we'll alternate moments of sophrology with games to discover the vegetable garden, using all five senses. - Nadine Cirou will supervise the sophrology sessions. - This workshop is open to families aged 6 and over.
- On 15 march 2024
- 28 le Hamel Pin, Le Bény Bocage
- Did you know that the owl is not the male of the owl ? - How do nocturnal birds of prey fly so silently ? - Can they see in the dark ? - A slide show, observations and a nocturnal walk to listen to the owls of Normandy. - Bring a flashlight, a warning vest and warm clothing
Chantier Bénévole : Construction d'un Muret de Pierre Sèche
- On 23 march 2024
- 28 le hamel pin, Le Bény Bocage
- Come and discover and practice dry stone construction at this volunteer workcamp open to all. - Dry stone construction is an assembly of natural stones, cut or not. The stones are arranged and held together without mortar. Their weight, roughness and special construction techniques guarantee their durability over time. - Dry-stone walls are shelters, hunting or resting grounds, wintering or nesting areas for a multitude of species : insects, molluscs, amphibians, reptiles, birds, crustaceans ? - Dry stone construction is a living heritage. Unesco has listed the craft of wall-building as an intangible world heritage site.
Le Café des Astucieux - Je Répare mon Vélo à Bény-Bocage
- On 6 april 2024
- Bilbliothèque, Le Bény-Bocage
- Seroc offers a range of workshops and visits to help you reduce your waste on a daily basis : providing simple, accessible solutions to reduce waste, encouraging a different way of consuming and a change in behavior, and enabling exchanges and best practices between residents. - Today's workshop is entitled "I'm repairing my bike" : Remove a tire, put on a patch, adjust the derailleur and brakes… Need a helping hand to repair your bike ? Come and learn all the tips and tricks you need to be ready for your next outing ! - Open to all, reservations strongly recommended !
Paulo à Travers Champs, Spectacle Comique à Le Bény-Bocage.
- From 13 to 14 april 2024
- Le Bény-Bocage, salle des fêtes
- Come and discover the comedy show "Paulo à travers champs" at the village hall of Aunay-sur-Odon. Tickets on sale at the Fouques bookstore, the Serais real estate agency, the Renault garage and the Sans Soucis bar.
Au Printemps, les Oiseaux
- On 2 may 2024
- Le Bény-Bocage, Rue de la 11ème Division Blindée Britannique
- They've returned from migration, or are once again defending their territory. In spring, the birds are very vocal and active ! They're stealthy and hard to spot in the new foliage. Let's learn to recognize them by their song ! - The Winter Wren has a resounding song compared to its size. A hyperactive bird, it's constantly on the move. It scurries through bushes in search of insects to feed its young. The speckled sandpiper is often confused with the sparrow. It rarely leaves the vicinity of undergrowth, so much so that it is nicknamed the "bush-walker". - Want to find out more about birds ? Join us on this 4 km guided walk along the paths of the Souleuvre valley to listen to the birds. Recognition and sound games. Ages 7 and up.
- On 3 may 2024
- 28 le hamel pin, Le Bény-Bocage, Maison de la nature et de la pierre sèche
- Come and discover frogs, newts, toads and salamanders during a lecture and workshops, followed by a night-time amphibian observation walk.
Randonnée Pédestre à Montchauvet
- On 12 may 2024
- Montchauvet, Place de la Mairie
- Les Sentiers du Pré-Bocage propose a 10 km hike starting from Montchauvet. A snack will be served at the end of the walk.