The old town with cobbled streets nestles at the foot of the castle, mansion for 600 years the family-Treilhes Gléon-Durban.
Since Gallo-Roman times, the old village was settled down by the river, at the confluence of the Berre and Berrou instead said Saint Just. Gradually because of floods and especially the invasions, the inhabitants became accustomed to take refuge on the nearest hill remained the ruins of a Roman castrum, the castle bases which we find first mention in 1018. Since from 1970 to 1980, with the construction of a new bridge, the village developed on the left bank and enjoying a sunny exposure with sports facilities such as swimming pool and tennis courts.
The village is crossed by the D611 which follows the course of the Berre, capricious river, the same type of Mediterranean wadis. Starting from there, all the streets most of which are pedestrian, allow you to access with a little breath, the Fort district and parish church of Saint Just and Saint Pasteur, old chapel of the castle open every day.
The geographical location of Durban on site 35 km from Narbonne, 60 km from Carcassonne and Perpignan, 25 km from the sea and 120 km from the Pyrenean ski resorts. The architectural heritage of Durban is a reflection of the great periods of history: ruins of the Visigoth chapel of Ste Ruphine castle and its chapel, St. Hippolyte chapel of the fourteenth century mill in Crabié fifteenth century stone bridge nineteenth century and Eiffel style gateway.