Municipality of Ariège, Occitanie region, Daumazan-sur-Arize takes place in the heart of the Plantaurel massif in Volvestre. It is located on the edge of the department of Haute-Garonne, on the banks of the Arize, about thirty kilometers from Foix, not far from Latour or Sieuras.
Formerly owned by the Count of Carcassonne, the village of Daumazan-sur-Arize later became the fief of the Count of Foix. Important town in the Middle Ages, as evidenced by some vestiges, it has undergone many changes over the centuries, especially in the nineteenth century with the construction of the great hall of the city center.
The one that took its final name in 1958 continues to attract visitors each year with its exceptional architectural heritage and its ideal geographical location.