His motto "Inania pello" I reject the vain things.
In the Middle Ages, Égletons, walled city became the capital of the manor of Ventadour. The Lord of Ventadour allows the city to administer itself in the 13th century: Égletons becomes a free city. Its bell tower and its walls still bear witness to the medieval past of the city. 17th to 19th century the town became known thanks to its large families provide many significant (military, doctors, lawyers, members ...) retain Octave Lacroix, poet, bookseller, publisher (advisor Sainte-Beuve, Vigny and Hugo), Edmond Vignard, a chemical engineer and prehistorian.
Égletons resurgent in 1929 with Charles Spinasse imagine that a large urban project in this city of modest size. The label "Heritage of the 20th Century" awarded by the Ministry of Culture in 2009 attests to the architectural and urban planning of the city.
Égletons, the national capital of education in the construction industry and public works, welcomed 3-4000 students and trainees each year. Dynamic city and looking to the future, Égletons also offers many opportunities for tourism and recreation.
The walls, beautiful portions of the 15th century, some slightly revised again surround the upper town.
Weapons of Ventadour, these arms in a tympanum carved granite were brought Castle Ventadour and date from the 15th century.
The Hotel D'Ambert of Sérilhac, formerly a fortified house to protect access to the city and then rebuilt from the 17th century by the family of D'Ambert Sérilhac. The entrance is decorated with a carved tympanum from Castle Ventadour, it is Samson slaying the lion. One can admire on the roof of this building two elegant wrought-iron weather vanes.
The Rectory, features some of the plans of the old house Sikora (notable family) itself remains of a fortified house. Largely rebuilt in the 20th century, the tradition tells us that all doors and windows (early 16th century) from Castle Ventadour.
The Church of St. Anthony the Hermit (the Egyptian), built in the second half of the 12th century and rebuilt in the late 19th century, presents a set of contemporary stained glass windows made in the national interest in 1957 the 13 bays of this beautiful building.
The Chapel of the Penitent, she was once that of a hospital located outside the fortified city. The White Penitents took possession in 1591. Today only the chapel remains, and its facade are medieval gate.
The fountain Marchadial one of the first fountains installed in the city since the 19th century, the cross was made by two blacksmiths and appointed Redondin Estrade.
The Discovery Center of the Middle Ages, in a mansion of the 18th century, welcomes all those who wish to immerse themselves in the Middle Ages through a permanent exhibition and a medieval garden, temporary exhibitions and workshops complement the time travel.
La Maison du Terroir, shop craftsmen and producers of the country and around Égletons who have partnered to promote and share know-how regional and traditional crafts.
Lake with his fitness trail and arboretum.
Aquarécréatif Centre: swimming pool, relaxation area and relaxation, fitness and bodybuilding.