Pujols, one of France's "Most Beautiful Villages", is a former stronghold perched on a hill near Villeneuve-sur-Lot. This small fortified town is a charming place to wander around with narrow flower-bedecked streets overlooked by beautiful houses, an old well, fortified gates, Saint-Nicolas and Sainte-Foy churches, a covered market hall where a local produce market takes place on Sunday mornings from May to September, and a panoramic view of the Lot valley.
As well as being home to some listed 15th-century frescoes, Sainte-Foy church holds regular art exhibitions.
Village of character, Pujols has preserved its exceptional medieval heritage. Its two churches show the importance of the site. Perched at more than 180 m above sea level, dominating the valleys of the Lot and the Mail, Pujols hangs around a market and pedestrian streets. This city contains half-timbered houses and ancient ramparts, vestiges of the citadel. The stronghold was destroyed after the crusade against the Albigensians and rebuilt a few decades later. Pujols is a unique place that offers a breathtaking view of the bastide of Villeneuve-sur-Lot.
Pujols is also known thanks to Via Podiensis. The most famous and most popular route of Santiago de Compostela. It is an alternative starting from Rocamadour which crosses Lot-et-Garonne for about 130 km and the Villeneuve through the medieval village of Pujols. Thus, the village becomes a place rich in encounters, between tourists strolling in the shade of alleys and pilgrims in search of serenity.
Pujols has gone through centuries and wars, preserving its medieval character: vestiges of the walls and castle, fortified gates... How not to be charmed by its half-timbered houses, its shaded alleys? True medieval jewelery, the village was classified among the most beautiful villages of France in 1990.
Indeed, in the department of Lot-et-Garonne, only two municipalities can attest to this prestigious label. Thus, in 2013, the Pujols and the 18 other municipalities of the Grand Villeneuvois, with their heritage assets, were awarded the Pays d'Art et d'Histoire label. Pujols can also count on the swimming pool of Malbentre and the camping located on the town, which complement the offer sports and leisure of the destination.
Passing through the Tourist Information Point of Pujols, tourists are surprised to discover the model of the medieval village. Thus the secrets of the village will be revealed. The shop rich in souvenirs meets the expectations of visitors, the strong themes of this destination are offered both to the local population and holidaymakers: Nature and hiking, history and archeology, local gastronomy. From bookstores to children's games, souvenir gifts to local gastronomy products, dishes and textiles, a thoughtful selection to meet the desires of everyone.
The Malbentre pool has a balneo-relaxation area with a wet area, hydromassage showers and a hammam. The outdoor area has a playground, equipped with a hydro-massage station and bubbling benches, a paddling pool, a 6-track pentaglisse, mineral beaches and green spaces. relaxation.
With more than 200 toys to contemplate and try, the Maison du Jouet Rustique welcomes you to the borough all year round to discover the objects made largely by Daniel Descomps. Free admission.
To see outside the village: church Saint-Étienne du Mail, former priory of Cambes, hamlet and church of Noaillac, church of Doumillac. A free walking tour plan will be given to you at the Tourist Office of Pujols located on the Place Saint-Nicolas.
Come and enjoy the friendly Pujolais and producers and local merchants and local every Wednesday evening in July and August, coming dine at night food market in the village. A different atmosphere every time will be reserved!
Come see the "Colors of the World" festival held in early August. Here you will find dance performances and music depicting different countries such as Slovakia, Tibet or Kenya.
Exhibition of Works by Annie Brechet
- From 27 june to 9 july 2019
- Place Saint-Nicolas, Salle culturelle
- Exhibition of paintings by Annie Brechet organized by Les amis de Pujols.
- On 28 june 2019
- Dans le village, Pujols
- Gourmet market with 2 groups in the village: David Lion & the Rock / Pop band. - To the Delights of the Well: Patrick Castagnetti Quartet-Jazz / Bebop.
5th edition of Critérium Cycliste Christian Buisson
- On 30 june 2019
- Plateau lacassagne
- 5th edition of the Critérium cycliste Christian Buisson.
- From 5 to 6 july 2019
- Place saint Nicolas
- The 3rd edition of the jazz festival "Pujols swing" will take place from Friday, July 5 to Saturday, July 6, 2019, on the program: - Friday, July 5th: - 9.30 pm: Flora Estel's concert - Saturday, July 6th: - 19h: Concert by Jean-Michel Cabrol. - 8:30 pm: Noe Reinhardt's concert. - Food available on site.
Exhibition - Franck and Marc Jacquette
- From 11 to 23 july 2019
- Eglise Sainte Foy, Rue du Temple
- Exhibition of works by Franck and Marc Jacquette.
Art and Craft Exhibition Lot et Garonne
- From 12 july to 1 september 2019
- 1 place Saint Nicolas, Place Saint-Nicolas
- Collective of craftsmen working different materials leather, wicker, glass. You can also discover designer jewelry, perforated paper lamps, pottery and ceramics, ideal for your souvenir gifts. The diversity of craftsmen present will delight both children and adults.
Salsa evening at La Paillote in Jojo
- On 13 july 2019
- Paillotte à Jojo, Piscine de Malbentre, Rue André Grousset
- Musical evening with salsa rhythms. - Programming : - Saturday, June 8: salsa party. - Saturday, August 10: salsa evening.
Maison Vergne and Levet - Denis Bertrand and Marie-Claude Eguimendia
- From 16 to 31 july 2019
- Maison Vergne et Levet, Place Saint-Nicolas
- Exhibition of the works of Denis Bertrand and Marie-Claude Eguimendia at Maison Vergne and Levet. Open Monday to Saturday from 10h to 18h and Sunday from 10h30 to 12h30.
Rustic Toy Manufacturing Workshop
- On 19 july 2019
- Le bourg, Maison du Jouet Rustique
- Join a rustic toy making workshop! - On reservation.
- On 22 july 2019
- Parking de la mairie, Pujols
- Strolling told the sound of accordions in the streets of the medieval village. Animation all public.