Liven up your holidays!

Cointreau

Gastronomy, holidays & weekends guide in the Maine-et-Loire

Cointreau - Gastronomy, holidays & weekends guide in the Maine-et-Loire
7.9
2

Cointreau is a bitter orange-flavoured liqueur made of bitter orange peel and dessert oranges. The latter are put to macerate in neat alcohol, and sugar syrup and distilled water are then added. There are two versions of this colourless liquid, one 40% alcohol, the other 60%, which is for catering professionals only.

Invented in 1875 by Édouard Cointreau, this liqueur is used in the kitchen and in many cocktails, including soupe angevine, a blend of Cointreau, crémant de Loire, lemon juice and cane sugar syrup.

To find out more about the history and production of this famous liqueur, be sure to visit the Carré Cointreau at Saint-Barthélemy-d'Anjou.

Your holidays
A hotel
A vacation rental
A bed & breakfast
A campsite
A leisure activity
A restaurant
By continuing to browse our site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies by our services and partners to improve your experience and make targeted offers. Find out more