Five vineyards carrying the AOC quality label make up the Cher département's wine-producing heritage:
- The Sancerre vineyard, which extends over 2,500 hectares along the Loire River, produces white wines from the Sauvignon grape, but also red and rosé wines from pinot noir;
- The Menetou-Salon vineyard near Bourges extends over 450 hectares and also supplies white, red and rosé wines;
- The Quincy vineyard covers 180 hectares on the banks of the River Cher;
- The Reuilly vineyard extends over 140 hectares on the banks of the Cher and the Arnon rivers;
- The Châteaumeillant vineyard covers 90 hectares.