- True to its tradition of natural trading hub, Villefranche-de-Rouergue attaches particular importance to its markets:
- Every Thursday morning, the langue d'oc pace instead Notre Dame, where the weekly market combines the diversity of local produce: foie gras, confit, sausages, cheeses, poultry, cakes, rissoles, and aligot Aveyron veal. .. A feast for the eyes and taste buds.
- In summer, the night markets of producer countries animate the spaces.
- In Villefranche, the summer is a succession of classical music or jazz in prestigious venues such as Chartreuse Saint-Sauveur, the abbey of Loc-Dieu, the collegiate church of Notre-Dame or the St-Jean.
- Everyone sings in Aveyron against cancer: early July, a festival of French variety.
- Musical Nights: late July, a festival of chamber music.
- Festival in country house: the second week of August, theater and street entertainment ...
Heavy Light. the States of the Body - Dominique Lacoudre at the Atelier Blanc
- From 25 june to 4 september 2022
- 4, Faubourg du Pont
- From 25.06 to 04.09.2022, Light heavy. Les états du corps presents works by Philippe Cognée, Erik Dietman, Richard Fauguet, Dominique Lacoudre, Frédérique Loutz, Agathe May, Marlène Mocquet, Emmanuel Pereire, Françoise Pétrovitch and Loredana Sperini at the Atelier Blanc and the Moulin des Arts in Saint-Rémy. - Benoît Decron, chief curator of heritage and director of the Soulages Museum, Rodez EPCC, has, in friendship, curated this very beautiful summer exhibition, with the complicity of the artists, the Papillon Gallery, the Semiose Gallery, the Frac Auvergne and the Frac Pays de la Loire. - "The body in all its states is a fundamental datum of contemporary creation: painting, drawing, printmaking, installation, ceramics, videogram... Externalized, reified in a way, it departs from the poignant literality of the body of the Body Art artist. - The body that we guess, that we cross, that imposes itself, that falls, that flies away, that spreads, that we divide... Everything is a matter of gravity, breath and matter. Lourd léger tells of a body in search of rest, humor, gravity and the fantastic. Classical art has bequeathed us a corpus of metamorphoses and reveries. - This exhibition offers very freely works by artists from different universes: for all that, the body is for them a form of theater or vehicle (in the sense of a passage). As the voice (the sound) for the poet Gherasim Luca who raised above all his "theater of mouth". Lazy unconsciousness or staggering consciousness of the body, everything is given over to our sensory greed." Benoît Decron, curator - Around the exhibition - [ at the white workshop ] - meeting with Dominique Lacoudre in the exhibition - Thursday 21.07 at 18h at the White Workshop - Guided tours. Free entrance - Fridays 29.07 and 19.08 and Saturday 03.09 at 17h at the White Workshop - Workshops for children from 7 to 11 years old. 5 € per child - Fridays 29.07 and 26.08 from 10 am to 11:30 am at the White Workshop
Night Markets in Villefranche
- From 3 july to 28 august 2022
- 6, Place Saint Jean
- Gourmet market every Sunday from 18h - Place Saint-Jean in Villefranche-de-Rouergue - Do not miss every Sunday evening throughout the summer, one of the key events of the summer in Villefranche: the gourmet markets. Sit down in the shade of the plane trees of Saint-Jean and, guided by the good smells, come and meet about twenty producers offering a wide choice to compose your menu from starter to dessert... and savor the moment…
The Pink Pixie
- From 12 july to 25 september 2022
- 111, Rue Roger Cavaignac
- Find the amusement park in Villefranche de Rouergue: inflatable structures, children's merry-go-round, themed fishing, mascots and fancy dress, a show with children's favorite characters and heroes, artistic make-up and tattooing, balloon sculpture with clown, sumo duel for children or adults, pedal go-kart circuit, gourmet stand... all this at the Graves airfield. - Children's entrance (2 to 13 years old): 9 € - Accompanying persons: free of charge - On-site catering - Information: https://www.lelutinrose.com - +33 6 24 64 87 15