Around 7 million rose bushes are cultivated in Doué la Fontaine, also known as the town of roses. Since 1959, rose-growers have organised a rose exhibition in a cave gallery adjoining the Arenas. This unusual setting is formed by the shell deposits that the Faluns sea has left behind since the tertiary era. 100,000 roses cut that very morning are exhibited amid the crystalline cascades, fountains and magical lights, beneath the rocky ceiling. The local landscape gardeners artfully evoke French, English and Japanese gardens. The tour is a walk of over a hundred metres in galleries where the rocky backdrop makes the roses stand out in all their splendour.