The town of Vignory has an exceptional heritage with its Romanesque church, its medieval castle in reconstruction, its Renaissance facades, old streets and its museum.
The origins date back to the ninth century Vignory as evidenced by a reference to a document of Charlemagne donation to the abbey of Luxeuil.
The first known lords are Guy and his son Roger of Vignory who probably erected the Roman church and the first castle.
Vignory was a closed town, long considered a city of close to 1000 people in the nineteenth century. Many hotels, inns and other services existed there.