The abbey church, erected in the early 13th century by the monks of the order of Chalais, became a parish in the creation of the village by the abbey of Lérins in 1519 This is a beautiful example of Romanesque architecture Chalaisian.: austerity, purity of lines, harmonious volumes, all combine to meditation and spirituality.
A note inside: in the choir with a flat apse, on the right, a beautiful bow with stone bench reserved for the abbot, the twelve consecration crosses carved into the walls, lay the access door to the church.
Outside: the gate to open three arches supported hanger on both sides by three monolithic capitals based on three columns. The bell tower and clock in 1854 replaced the original steeple then located above the transept. Chapel Holy Spirit adjoining 17th century, is a chapel of the White Penitents.
Address: 1 rue de la Parish - 06560 Valbonne Sophia Antipolis.
Tel. : +33 4 93 40 23 09.
Guided tours of the abbey and the Heritage Museum located in the old wing of the lay brothers appointment and prior reservation at the Tourist Office of Valbonne Sophia-Antipolis: Tel. : +33 4 93 12 34 50 - Email: [email protected]