Located southwest of the town of Samer, is the territory of Tingry, located partly in the plain, partly on the heights that form the boundaries of the pit bolon. It is a country covered with wood, as was old Samer.
In feudal times, it was one of the four Chateaux du Boulonnais. Now there remains only the layout of the castle (XI) dismounted stone by stone by the villagers to build their own houses. It was razed and destroyed in 1320, following a rebellion.