The earliest writings on the castle of Saint-Pierre-des-Champs date from the late 900's.
In the summer of 1210, on his way to the siege of Termes Castle, Simon de Monfort, the leader of the crusade against the Cathars, took the castle of Saint-Pierre-des-Champs. Three Cathars are burned.
Later, during the Hundred Years War, the villagers settled in the castle to protect themselves. They build their small houses leaning against the rampart and break up the lord's house.
In the middle of the seventeenth century, under Louis XIV, this castle is clipped, its towers and battlements are destroyed and two new doors are pierced in the eastern wall. These doors are at the origin of two alleys, one of which is still covered with calade, which join the authentic porch.
Between the two wars, the castle is abandoned by the population.
In the early 1970s, part of the south rampart collapses and the municipality took the opportunity to also destroy the south-east bastion of the Cathar castle to create a parking.