History of the town: the time of the Templars ...
Early, Mas Deu increased the growing importance of its possessions Fenolheda. Two main houses were jointly responsible for monitoring, stewardship, development related goods. These are homes Corbos and Centernach (Saint Arnac *), while dependent Diocese of Narbonne. It is in 1137 that the Templars settled in Centernach.
But why this choice of Centernach? Isolation, where greater security, wealth of the land, near water. Other reasons may be that we do not. But the fact is there and it is obvious. Anyway, Centernach already had letters of nobility. His name appears on a degree in the year 899. "And in pago Fenolesedo Villare quod dicitur Centernaro cim integritare omni" or, in the country Fenolheda there is a hamlet and land that we call Centernach (Centernago, Centernag, Sent Ernach). Among the tutors committed Centernach when the territory was erected in Préceptorie must include: Brother Etienne 1214-1217 Jean Argeles in 1256, Pierre de Campredon of 1263 to 1265, Pierre de Canohès 1266 Raymond Golatz in 1275.
Centernach had a large herd in the custody of Stone Centernach died around 1319, which made him to prosper, multiply maitéries and enclosures to house these animals.
Canohès stone is carefully cared for olive cultivation. It swarmed at that time on the hills and the mill was one of the l'Agly, load oil yield. Raymond Golatz succeeded him (excerpt from the book "The Templars in Roussillon" of Fernand Arnaudies).
Revenues temple Fenolheda are very modest. The Préceptorie Saint Arnac including both castrated and Saint Arnac Lesquerde provides only 2.8% of the cash income of the Commandery, 3.2% and 2.8% barley wheat. Reserve Saint Arnac is not described, however, can be estimated in two pieces of land to the maximum. From the field in the total production of this Préceptorie is however important since land assert directly provide 23.2% barley and 75% wheat (excerpt from the book "A commander Roussillonaise" Annals noon Laure Verdon) .
* It should be noted that the name of Saint Arnac is not anything other than etymological error. He never existed Saint Arnac. The village church is also placed under the invocation of St. Peter.