Saillagouse village (1306 m) is located near the river Segre.
The church Sainte-Eugénie is located on the right side of the river. The temple was dedicated on June 3 913, was rebuilt in the 12th century, the age of the oldest part of the present building, which was changed during the second half of the 18th century. The Romanesque church remains the nave, where, on the facade of the south you can see a sawtooth frieze supported by a carved shelf, round, reinforced by arches. The Romanesque apse was demolished in 1774 and replaced by a new façade to the east. The bell tower erected on the east side of new construction, dated 1757. The best preserved altarpiece is from the early 18th century, a style similar to that of Joseph Sunyer.
A Saillagouse was born sculptor Joseph Alexandre Oliva (1823), died at Paris in 1890. Assigned, among others, the statue of Father Deguerry (1867), de la Madeleine in Paris, and the Immaculate Conception (1887), the church of Banyuls. His works are in several museums: the former Musée du Luxembourg in Paris, Versailles, Béziers, Lyon, Narbonne and Perpignan.
He is also the son of Saillagouse the writer Antoine Cayrol (1920), also known as Pere Jordi Cerdà, active resistance against the Nazis, he was a great promoter activities Catalan in the Roussillon and vice-president of the "Festival GREEK" Barcelona years. His poems, the bucolic and elegiac elements were collected in 1966 in the poetic work "Obra Poetica." Its theater, often with the campaign as a backdrop, we see his works Angeleta (1952) and The thirst of the earth (1955). He also wrote "Tales of the Cerdagne" (1961), a collection of Catalan legends and more recently (1984), a collection of stories under the title "Placing characters in a garden" (1984).