The mill of Moidrey is a windmill of the Channel, located at Pontorson. It is located in the heart of the bay of Mont-Saint-Michel in the village of Moidrey, 5 km from Mont-Saint-Michel, on a hill at 44 meters above sea level.
It is a windmill to produce flour (buckwheat, wheat, rye) thanks to a wooden mechanism activating a stone wheel. Each year, he grinds thirteen tons of grain to produce eight tons of flour sold to local artisans and visitors.
Its wings, with a surface of 52 m² and weighing three tons, are part of the Berton system: wooden boards are superimposed and slide to offer the wind a variable surface. Its roof made of chestnut shingles weighs nine tons.
Built in 1886, it is exploited until the beginning of the 20th century. It is turned into a hayloft until the end of the Second World War, then abandoned.
In 2003, the multipurpose Syndicate (Sivom) at Anse de Moidrey restored it and put it back into production to produce flour. In 2007, the mill is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In 2009, the miller, Mickaël Letranchant, starts his own business.
Visits: The mill is open from mid-February to mid-November, every day from 9h to 19h. Prices: 4 € (adult), 2 € (from 6 to 18 years old), 3 € (student), free for children under 6 years old. Groups welcome. Duration of the visit 35 min. Partially accessible to people with reduced mobility.