Pléven comes from the Breton "ploe" (parish) and St. Even Goarec who was born in the early sixth century, and the wise Guindaff Affelle. It was the little son of Prince and Emyr parent of St. Germain of Auxerre.
Pléven is a former parish primitive. Olivier de Pleuhen is cited in a 1214 agreement between the Duke of Brittany, Pierre de Dreux Mauclerc and Olivier Tournemine in which the Duke acknowledges it possession of the parishes of Pléhérel of Landébia and forest Lanmeur. In 1220, another charter, it is about the road to Maupertuis, from the village of the town of Trégomar Plueen. In his will of 1264, Jeffrey (or Geffroy) Tournemine made bequests to Roland of Pleven and the parish of Pleven.
Parish Pléven dependent under the old regime, Saint-Brieuc. The ancient parish was Pléven subdelegation Jugon Lamballe and spring. At the time of the Revolution, the Comte de Rieux was the lord. The cure was the alternative. Pléven elects its first municipality in 1790. The commune's territory is increased Landébia who is distracted in 1829. Parish Pléven is removed in 1792 and restored in 1803. By decree of 18 August 1845 Parish Landébia was erected, whose territory is used to that Pléven.