Private road taking place in the 18th arrondissement of Paris, the Villa des Arts is located at 15 rue Hégésippe-Moreau, and ends with a dead end. It reveals in particular a frontage overlooking the famous cemetery of Montmartre.
Long forty-five meters wide and five, it was registered as a whole to the Historical Monuments. The Villa des Arts owes its name to the presence of many artists' studios installed on site. The main staircase and many other elements are from the recoveries of the 1900 World's Fair, and the site reveals a typical nineteenth-century architecture.
Today owned by the City of Paris, it has welcomed such famous artists as Paul Cézanne, Raoul Dufy, Paul Signac, or more recently, Nicolas Schöffer, the father of cybernetic art. Villa des Arts also served as a backdrop to Federico Fellini's film The Clowns.