Located in the heart of the Marais, in the 4th arrondissement of Paris, the synagogue of the rue des Tournelles is a religious building built in the second half of the 19th century. Dedicated to Ashkenazi ritual worship, it is then mainly attended by Jews from Alsace, Lorraine, Poland or Tsarist Russia. In October 1941, she was the object of an anti-Semitic attack, like other synagogues of the capital, which makes several deaths.
The building presents an interesting architecture, revealing a rich work of metal, thanks to the help of Gustave Eiffel. From the main façade, it is possible to admire a rose window as well as sculptures representing the scrolls of the Law, as well as a text in Hebrew.
This is the second largest synagogue of Paris after that of the Rue de la Victoire. It is today the subject of a classification to the Historical Monuments.