Located in the Marais district, in the 4th arrondissement, the Pavé Street Synagogue was built in 1913 by Hector Guimard, Grand Master of Art Nouveau. It was carried out for the benefit of Agudas Hakehilos, an association of nine Orthodox Jewish societies mainly of Russian origin.
The Pavée Street Synagogue is mainly composed of hollow agglomerated stones on reinforced concrete frames and was entirely financed by private funds. The building was blown up in 1941 during the Yom Kippur vigil by anti-Semitic Nazi collaborators, as did six other synagogues in the capital.
Completely restored, it is still active today and can be visited on special occasions such as Heritage Days. Listed historical monument, it was built at height, with a facade of almost twelve meters.