Building located in the 7th arrondissement of Paris, rue de Varenne, the mansion of Villeroy is the current headquarters of the Ministry of Agriculture. Classified as a Historical Monument, it was built in the first half of the 18th century by François Debias-Aubry for the Swiss banker Antoine Hogguer.
Enlarged in 1746, it was confiscated as a national asset in 1794 and sold and then bought back by the State under the Directory. Home to the School of Application of the Royal Staff Corps between 1823 and 1827, it then became the residence of the Ministers of Commerce, Public Works, and Agriculture.
The facade was renovated at the end of the 19th century, but the Hôtel de Villeroy has preserved many elements of its original architecture such as tapestries from the Gobelins factory, a wrought iron banister adorned with L intertwined on the staircase of honor, or a beautiful chandelier of 54 lights Napoleon III style.