The mansion Lefebure de la Malmaison is located at number 20 quai de Bethune, on the south shore of Ile Saint-Louis, in the 4th arrondissement of the capital.
It was built in the middle of the 17th century according to the plans of the architect Louis Le Vau, one of the masters of French classicism with Mansart and who drew the plans of the castle of Vaux-le-Vicomte for Fouquet before being in the service of King Louis XIV, for whom he made the King's pavilion at the Château de Vincennes and renovated the façade of the Tuileries.
The monumental door and the magnificent balcony with its highly worked ironwork which overhang it were classified as early as 1926. The staircase decorated with bas-reliefs was in 1949 and the interior decorations in 1959 (paintings, ceilings and ornamentations included mythological themes signed Mignard, Le Brun, Le Sueur and Berain).
The building has a nice inner courtyard.
The mansion Lefebure de la Malmaison is a private condominium and can not be visited. Its beautiful facade can mark, however, a pleasant visit, free or guided, of the island Saint-Louis. Information on +33 1 49 52 42 63.