Building of the 4th arrondissement of Paris located at 68 rue François-Miron, the mansion of Beauvais takes place in the heart of the Marais district. Built in the middle of the 17th century, it is now listed as a Historical Monument.
Baroque style, the building is located on the site of an old medieval house and was in particular the property of the wife of Nicolas Fouquet. But it is Pierre de Beauvais, who bought it in 1654, which will give him his name. It is his wife, Catherine Bellier, better known as Cateau la Borgnesse, who made him know many transformations, like the addition of lion heads and ram on the metopes of the frieze of the facade. It is from her balcony that Anne of Austria, Mazarin and Turenne will attend the entry into Paris of Louis XIV and Marie-Thérèse to celebrate their marriage.
The Hôtel de Beauvais, which hosted Mozart for some months in 1763, was bought by the mayor of Paris in 1943 as part of the spoliation of Jewish families. After being abandoned, it now houses the Administrative Court of Appeal of Paris. He also served as stage for many film shoots like La Banquière in 1980, or Camille Claudel in 1988.