Located in rue de Jouy, in the heart of the Marais district, in the 4th district of Paris, the Aumont hotel is a mid-17th century building now listed as a Historical Monument.
Work of Louis Le Vau, it is then enlarged by François Mansart, and decorated by Charles Le Brun. At the same time, his French garden was probably made by André Le Nôtre. After having passed from hand to hand over the years, the Aumont hotel became the town hall of the 9th district of the time in the early nineteenth century. Boarding of the Lycée Charlemagne between 1824 and 1859, it then hosts the offices of the Central Pharmacy of France before hosting the Administrative Court of Paris in 1959.
If the interior has been heavily modified over time, it still reveals several lounges with painted ceilings and beams. Of the decoration of Le Brun, there remain today only a few fragments of the History of Romulus and Remus.