Located in the heart of the 9th district of Paris, Place d'Estienne d'Orves, the church of La Sainte-Trinité is a building now classified as an historic monument. Built in the second half of the 19th century, between 1861 and 1867, it takes place a few hundred meters from the remains of an old polychrome wooden church from 1832.
Designed by Théodore Ballu, the church of La Sainte-Trinité was designed to be seen from the Paris Opera House. Built over a small square, it reveals an Italian Renaissance-inspired facade with niches, pediments and pilasters. Inside, it is possible to admire a monumental high altar with ten columns of green stucco representing the Ten Commandments of God. The building, which houses the works of a large number of artists of the time, also saw the funeral of Berlioz in the nineteenth century.