Yzeron crossed by the river, belongs to the great Oullins Lyon in the Rhone department.
The first traces of the city date back to Roman times. The town develops mainly around the culture of the earth, a vast and fertile land that stretches to the Rhone. By the nineteenth century, the economic orientation of the city changes and moves towards industrialization neglecting agriculture. In 1847, blast furnaces and workshops Oullins bloom in the city that now devotes his main activity in the construction of locomotives. After World War II, Oullins changed again activity. The industry gradually disappears in favor of the establishment of companies and tertiary services. The city redraws its morphology to arrive at the present.