Installed between the Garonne and side channel, the foundation of the village dates back to the eleventh century. In the sixteenth century the capitoul Sweet was lord of Ondes. He owned a castle which could still see the ruins in the early twentieth century and a floating mill on the Garonne.
The village was heavily marked by the floods of June 1875 which caused several casualties, destroyed many houses and three-quarters of the suspension bridge. But the village also has always benefited from the presence of the Garonne and traditionally Undines were fishermen, shoemakers and grasalhers, local Occitan term that refers to manufacturers of wooden objects carved like bowls, Kitchen cupboards of flour, troughs for livestock.