The present church was certainly in the location of a place of Roman worship. This is the tenth century that was built the first Christian chapel. The Romanesque church of the twelfth century remains the semicircular apse, followed by a cross surmounted by a dome supporting a bell tower and a three-nave vaulted broken cradle.
The church was enlarged around 1430: two north and south aisles of two spans each forming transept, expansion of the gateway to the south (Gothic additions). In the seventeenth century, construction of the western grandstand and a southeast bedside sacristy. In the eighteenth century, north and south transept chapels extending the braces; St. Baudile chapel has woodwork enshrining paintings depicting episodes from the life of St. Baudile. Many additions thereafter parasites side chapels (seventeenth to twentieth), distort the appearance of this exceptional church.