Noisy-le-Grand is a modern city that has retained its roots, traditions and spirit of the village.
Noisy-le-Grand already appeared in the fifth century among the residences of the Merovingian kings. It will pass in the 10th century under the rule of monks that will last until the Revolution of 1789. The royal domain, Noisy-le-Grand passes in 1060 at the hands of the monks of Saint Martin des Champs, (Abbey of St. Martin des Champs in Paris) by a gift of King Henry I. The monks of St. Martin Noisy-le-Grand therefore dominate until 1789. They shall exercise rights of high and low justice to the Revolution. This domination is exerted on the land, forests, meadows, vineyards, fishing rights, etc., and also results in a court of law upon the inhabitants. When the Revolution broke out, there are only 19 religious Noisy-le-Grand. Their land, as well as those of large properties that have endured until now, are offered for sale. Become a peaceful rural village in Noisy see a new growth with the construction of the tram, in the early 20th century, which favored the installation of taverns along the Marne and the renowned artists such as composer Claude Terrasse, the painter Pierre Bonnard and the actor Michel Simon. The first subdivision, date from 1930, and will reinforce its status in Noisy-le-Grand suburb. It will strengthen, with the growing population in the Paris region, and the inclusion of Noisy in the scope of the new town of Marne la Vallée.
Until the early 20th century, Noisy-le-Grand is a peaceful rural village whose main activity is agriculture. Farmers and growers provide the largest part of the food (milk, butter, eggs, poultry ...). The tram from the "Company Railways Nogentais" arrives in the village in 1901. The tram facilitates the transport of workers and employees working in Paris or nearby. It is already the sign of the evolution of Noisy Village campaign to the suburbs. Parisians take advantage of this progress to come and take a breath of fresh air in Noisy Sunday ... The banks of the Marne are flocking Sunday fishermen and Parisians walk. The rural character of Noisy make it a relaxing and swimming. Noisy is known for its air quality (due to altitude over the Marne) and its quiet banks of the Marne. The taverns are emancipated in the 1920s and revolve around the neighborhoods of Grammonts Shore and charming. This craze coincides with the flowering of subdivisions on Noisy-Le-Grand in the years 20-30. The best known are the Pergola, the cat Fisherman, the Tourbillon ...
Artists settled: they come in search of inspiration. Claude Terrasse (1867-1923), opera composer lived Noisy-le-Grand from 1897 to 1899. His wife was none other than the sister of Pierre Bonnard (1864-1947), neo-impressionist painter. It took many pictures of his nieces and nephews when they visit the house of Noisy-le-Grand. A table entitled "Farmyard" (1898) is the result of a shot taken at Noisy-le-Grand. The third accomplice was the writer Alfred Jarry (1873-1907), father of Ubu Roi. He had his bike to visit Noisy-le-Grand Terrace and Bonnard.
Poilpot Theophilus (1848-1915), Mayor of Noisy-Le-Grand from 1887 to 1892, an eminent painter at the time, has made great paintings of battles around the world. His paintings adorn the walls of the Sorbonne and ... of the town hall of Neuilly-sur-Seine.
Joseph Chéret (1838-1894), sculptor-ornemantiste had built his house in the village. Noiséen this artist is none other than the painter's brother-poster, Jules Cheret, who designed the first poster for the Moulin Rouge.
Michel Simon Noisy-le-Grand lived since 1934, road Malnoue a large estate of the painter Theophilus Poilpot. This is one of the most popular comedians of vaudeville (50 pieces): "Happiness" by Bernstein, "John of the Moon" by Achard and also film with over a hundred films to his awards including "Boudu Saved From Drowning," "The bitch" by Jean Renoir, "Funny drama" Marcel Carné. It gives its name to the cultural area of the city.
The proliferation of subdivisions in the 1930s gradually transformed in Noisy suburb. From 1921 to 1954, the population rose from 2,200 to over 10,000 inhabitants. In 1965, the Master of Urban Planning and Development of the Paris Region, provides for the creation of "new towns" around Paris, to control urban growth of the suburbs. Noisy-le-Grand is part of the future scope of Marne-la-Vallee. This disruption leads to the disappearance of the last agricultural areas and the expropriation of many properties to make way for new neighborhoods and allow the A4 to get away from Paris.
Noisy-le-Grand is today a city of 62,000 inhabitants, where the new districts, even futuristic, alongside traditional residential areas.
Noisy-le-Grand offers a rich cultural environment, and sports associations. Festivities are held as the Christmas Market or Carnival. Performances are recognized to be seen at the Espace Michel Simon; the Municipal Conservatory, dedicated to Maurice Baquet, who lived in Noisy artist for over 30 years, still hosts more than musicians.