Mornac-sur-Seudre, over the centuries...
Instead of coastal life from the Neolithic, Mornac, the Celtic "bleak" and "acque" (calm water) has been fortified since the Middle Ages to protect the traffic between La Rochelle and Bordeaux.
On the remains of a Merovingian building, church, partly Romanesque, shows remarkable apse of the twelfth century, classified. The inner base of the tower is oblong, consisting of four tubes (one in Saintonge); excavations in 1952 revealed traces of a prehistoric settlement. Six centuries before our era, the figurines were Mornac. Remains on the marsh, their favorite plant, the fragrant "santonin".
stronghold until the seventeenth century, Mornac resists English (office 1433) and was in turn Catholic and Huguenot tower during the wars of religion.
Fishing, fish farming, salt and oyster farming have led to craft a very special coastline.
It is pleasant to walk in Mornac! While a maze of narrow streets but bright. While strolling, you will discover the Halles fourteenth century church where the bell tower, we contemplate the banks of the Seudre, privileged place of life for egrets, herons and other birds of the marsh. A rich and varied environment for taking the time to observe. Over the flowery streets, artisan workshops are open to you, as well as the discovery of Saintonge specialties. Then your steps will take you on the harbor; traditional boats are a reminder of the long maritime history Mornac. Mornac quietly unfolds in the attentive visitor. A village where life is good, stroll, strolling, a village among the "most beautiful villages in France".
- Flea market in April.
- Roman festivals in April.
- Conte Festival in May.
- Jeudis Musicaux in summer.
- Flea market in August.
- Many concerts from April to October.
- Voiles de Mornac in August.
- Potters' Market in September.
- Market of creators "a little market" in December.
- Christmas market under the old market in December.
Marais Salant Mornac
- From 15 june to 15 september 2020
- 31, Rue du Port
- Tour company in the exploitation of the salt maker. - Reservation from 1 July to 31 August, every day except Saturday at 16:30. - From June 15 to June 30 and from September 1 to September 15, Tuesday, Friday and Sunday at 16:30. - From 1 May to 30 September: group appointment.
Meyer exposure, Sore, Pichard
- From 13 to 19 july 2020
- 5, Place de la Cure
- Paintings and photography exhibition
Great Exhibition Summer Pedagogical Oyster
- From 18 july to 8 august 2020
- 46, Rue du Port
- Major exhibition in the harbor salledu organized by the "educational oyster": a permanent exhibition "Maritime Seudre" and a temporary exhibition "vessels Seudre". - Home in compliance with sanitary regulations.
Joanlong-Lassalle and Meyer Exhibition
- From 20 to 26 july 2020
- 5, Place de la Cure
- Exhibition of paintings
Thursday Musical 2020 - Vincent Peirani
- On 6 august 2020
- 10, Rue du Port
- Accordion recital with Vincent Peirani - Crowned in 2014.2015 and 2019 by Wins Jazz, voted "Artist of the Year" by Jazz Magazine, accordionist Vincent Peirani occurs worldwide with the greatest figures of jazz and classical. His creativity, versatility and mastery of different musical languages led him to become the preferred partner of countless artists. - For information: https://www.agglo-royan.fr/jeudis-musicaux - Tickets: To book, click on the link Website - Only pre-sale, no sale on site. - Single price : - 14 € + Booking fee (minimum € 2) / Free for children under 16 years.
- On 8 august 2020
- 34, Rue des Halles
- Destocking books of the Library of Mornac. - From 9am to 18pm.
Exhibition of Saintonge Palette
- From 10 to 23 august 2020
- 46, Rue du Port
- Exposure to the port area (top) - Opening 11h to 19h (modifiable schedule based attendance). - Information on the website "palette Saintonge".
Les Voiles Mornac
- On 22 august 2020
- 1, Route de la Seudre
- Day old rigs. Traditional boats and maritime heritage activities. - Boats arrive from 18.30 and picnic basket pulled at 19h. - Various activities throughout the day with a shop for the occasion, a refreshment stand, sails tanning demonstrations, knot making.
Flea Seudre and sea
- On 13 september 2020
- 3, Rue du Cimetière
- Flea market on the car park of the Cure organized by Seudre and Wed. - 3 € per meter for individuals - To keep his vehicle on the location: Reservation minimum 5m - 4 € per meter for professionals.