The town of Montchanin takes place in the department of Saône-et-Loire. Installed in the district of Chalon-sur-Saône, it lies between two major cities of the region, Le Creusot and Montceau-les-Mines. Montchanin was created in 1854 when the dismemberment of St. Eusebe and took its current name in late 1950. The site was still inhabited by monks of La Ferte, from the twelfth century.
Nice and quiet, Montchanin commune seduced by its charm and appearance of small town in the countryside. At the heart of a green and ideal nature for the practice of outdoor activities, the city allows for a relaxing holiday and interesting. Nearby, there are many cities that reflect the history of the region and its traditions.