Laigné-en-Belin covers 1240 hectares. At the last census, the population was 2198 inhabitants.
The houses are mostly clustered in urban areas with the center of town up a large flower. The town participates each year in support of departmental and villages in bloom won the 2nd flower in 2003 in the regional competition. This award shows the commitment of various local teams for over 20 years, Ia improve quality of village life. This work takes the form of maintenance and distribution of green spaces, burial networks, control urbanization, various public facilities and the interest in protecting the environment.
Because of its rich soil, the town has an agricultural vocation of choice. Many farmers still working the "good earth of Belinois" offering quality products. Crisscrossed by many small roads, we place the companion during walks the green carpet of grass where his cows graze and peck where poultry, fields of cereals, potatoes and garden produce. It further notes here and there, some ovens hemp remains of a rich culture, has now disappeared.
Laigné-en-Belin offers its residents two kindergartens and two elementary schools (public and private), school canteen, school, the Community Music, a retirement home. It also has health professionals, as well as food shops and miscellaneous. 20 farmers on 12 farms, 37 artisans and traders businesses comprise the economic fabric of the town. In addition, weekly market (vegetables, fruits, fish ...) stands near the Place St. Martin.
In common with its neighbor, Saint-Gervais-en-Belin, she has a social center, a library of a waste of a post office, a train station, a sports hall of two football fields, two tennis courts, a volleyball court, a basket-ball, of a road roller, a range of archery, d a bowling green and a fitness trail.
Associational life is active and flourishing. There are no fewer than 25 associations (often common with Saint-Gervais) who provide activities for all ages and all tastes.
History: Laigné-en-Belin has a rich historical past. Its origins are very remote and go back to Roman times. A Latinus notable Roman, would have an address with his family and given name Latiniacus. Subsequently, the majority of land was attached to the County of Berlin and the Manor of Vaux. The Counts of Berlin that followed, some good, some despotic, deeply marked the history of the town. In 1799 Basil Moreau was born there, better known as the "Father Moreau, founder of the Congregation of Holy Cross and Marianites. He was beatified in 2007. The history of the town and Belinois in general has been the subject of patient research of Pug Henry (1860 - 1947), local schoolteacher. The weapons chosen were those of the last Count of Belin three sheaves of gold on an azure.
Pairing: The close ties since 1970 with the joint German Heiligenrode in Lower Saxony, have expanded at the cantonal level with the new common Stuhr.