This site has been associated with the manufacture of cast iron and steel since the 13th century. The increase of the population related to the activity led to the creation of a new parish in 1240. The place of worship was dedicated to Our Lady of September. Corbelin remained parish for about two centuries before being re-attached to the La Chapelle-Saint-André cure. The cult was regularly celebrated there until the extinction of the activities related to the blast furnace and forges in 1863.
Subsequently, the small chapel served as an agricultural building. The state of disrepair of the building would have led to its ruin if the former owner had not entrusted to the Camosine who began its rehabilitation.
The chapel of Corbelin was registered in the supplementary inventory of historical monuments in February 1992. Owned by the municipality of La Chapelle-Saint-André, it now hosts several exhibitions and other events every year.