Jullouville is the resort of Mont-Saint-Michel bay located on the west coast of the English Channel in Normandy. The city offers a unique view of Cancale in Granville while passing by the tip of Grouin and the archipelago of Chausey.
Enjoying a mild climate that allows the presence of southern plants, Jullouville offers beautiful sandy beach that spans almost three kilometers to the delight of nature lovers like sports: swimming, sailing, kite surfing, skimboarding, funboard, angling, beach sports, recreational fishing...
In summer Jullouville is THE must-resort with its many shops, restaurants, bars, entertainment, funfair, markets and sports tournaments.
The hinterland, quiet and green, offers fans of walks, bicycle or equestrian many hiking trails through Normandy.
The former Hotel Casino: Heart of the station, built between 1881 and 1883, the three main avenues converge on him. The Casino offers first guests of Jullouville cultural, theatrical and musical, with gaming circle. He was home at the time 3 bathrooms painting exhibitions. One of the first lounges nicknamed "The Turtle" took place there in 1884. It currently houses a residential accommodation, and a restaurant on the ground floor.
The Château de la Mare: Built in 1907 by Messrs Jorre and Juy, great hunting and fishing enthusiasts, it was bought in 1930 by the city of Saint Ouen which adds a new brick building and established a colony holidays. He became in 1944 the headquarters of the allied forces led by General Eisenhower stayed there for two months. Local surrounding it are currently an authorized visitor center by the National Education and lodgings.
Jullouville the valley of painters and the viaduct in the valley of painters: A lovely walk through the woods through the valley of painters. Originally built for the railway, between Granville and Avranches, the viaduct spans a deep ravine in the hollow of which flows the stream the Crapeux. This valley was a great inspiration to many painters attached to the region (Jacques Simon, Emile Dardoize Edmond Debon, Eugene Paturier Guillaumin, etc.).
The old station: Between 1908 and 1935, Jullouville was served by the Granville-Avranches online. The line followed the coastal road to Edenville and crossed the massif of Pignon Névourie up the valley of the painters from the north. The average speed was 20 km / h, with peaks of 45 km / h. In 1935, buses replaced the train. The old station is now home to the Tourist Office.
The steeple of the church of Bouillon and his apple tree: The walls of the church tower springs curiously, outside, the large branch of an apple tree, the most famous of the region. It is said that a seed, a seed, mixed mortar of the wall, kept a parcel of life, and woke up, taking advantage of favorable circumstances, such a hint of moisture. Its age is probably over 150 years and every spring it bears flowers and apples fall "safe" (sour).
Menhir Vaumoisson: Popularly called the stone the devil. It is said that Satan, in charge of the block that he went out to Chausey, wore for construction of the Pont au Bault. He climbed the pinion when he saw a priest with his stole. At the sight of this opponent, he sank his burden. Its 5 claws remained footprints in granite and place of the meeting rose a cross (since transferred to the cemetery of Bouillon), picture of faith in front of the work of the devil. This megalithic stone would actually be a place of sacrifice and symbol of druidic worship of the ancient peoples of the region.
Fisheries Jullouville: On the coast, the tide suggests a construction edging stones fisheries. They are established since the fifteenth century. The first were built of wood. This V-shaped, made of piles of stones, used to catch fish and some crustaceans such as cuttlefish, spider crabs, shrimp, sardines, mackerel, plaice, sole... The few private fisheries yet in working order are currently intended for limited use, this being due to the scarcity of cash and maintenance difficulties.
Sport: Beach Jullouville and its lake offer a huge playground for lovers of sailing and navigation. This is the spot to discover for kite surfing lovers.
Horse Racing: The 8 May each year, Jullouville Beach transforms the time of low tide and became the marine racecourse of the hold. Seven races it compete with the sea in the background. This tradition, perpetuated by society horseracing Jullouville, date of 1886. The spectacle of this ephemeral arena is entirely dependent on the tide and the date of the event corresponds with a trip by a factor greater than 95 with a tide low around 16:30. A real village taking shape and which has more than 1500 spectators and more than 100 horses and jockeys.
Entertainment: Every Friday in July and August, the town center becomes pedestrian Jullouville time a party where are offered 6 free outdoor concerts and where there are many unpackers... This is the place Involved residents and visitors to the area!
- From 1 to 2 june 2019
- Avenue du Casino
- From 10h to 18h. Exhibition of paintings and sculptures. - Organized by Vernissage. - Price: free. - Information: Tel. +33 6 75 61 85 64 - Walk of Jullouville.
The Ecume Party summer
- On 8 june 2019
- 16 Avenue du Général Eisenhower
- From 18h to midnight. Concert, bar and catering on site. - Price: free admission. - Information: Tel. +33 6 48 04 52 06 - The Ecume des Falaises, 16 avenue General Eisenhower, Jullouville.
Tennis Jullouville: Veterans Departmental Finals
- On 16 june 2019
- 73 avenue de Kairon
- Departmental Finals: Men + 35 + 45 + 55 + 65 and Women + 35 years. - Refreshments, snacks & snacking on the terrace. - Price: free, free admission. - Information: Tel. +33 6 12 89 92 92 or firstname.lastname@example.org. - Tennis Club Jullouville, 73 avenue Kairon, Jullouville.
Fire of St. John
- On 21 june 2019
- Plateau de Bouillon
- From 19h. Fire of St. John accompanied by a village feast. Musical groups and on-site catering (2 food trucks). - Price: free. - Information: Tel. +33 2 33 91 10 20 or email@example.com - The fields of Bouillon, Jullouville.
Mr. Ribouldingue's concert
- On 28 june 2019
- Avenue des frégates
- To 19h. Concert for young and old organized by APE Optimist to start the summer in style! - Number of places limited, reservations required. - Price: 2 € per person. - Information: firstname.lastname@example.org - Salle des Mielles, avenue des frigates, in Jullouville.
- On 27 july 2019
- Promenade François Gimbaud
- Fireworks proposed by the Mayor of Jullouville - RDV on the François Gimbaud promenade, Casino beach
Games Recover and Wood!
- On 31 july 2019
- Cale des Plaisanciers
- Large wooden games, rules games or building games, playgrounds for young and old, come and enjoy the playgrounds made available and animated by Rejouets! - Organized by the city of Jullouville. - Price: free. - Information: Tel. +33 9 83 04 98 96. - Hold boaters, Jullouville.
Visit of the Tourist Office: the G.I. Among the History
- On 8 august 2019
- Place de la Gare
- During the Second World War, General Eisenhower established his headquarters in Jullouville. Go back in time with your guide, when you will be facing the former summer camp that hosted these GIs. This will be only one point of your journey through this beautiful resort that has passed through the centuries. - Meeting at 10:30 at the Tourist Information Office. - Prices : - € 5 / adult; - € 4 / child under 12 years old; - Free under 3 years old. - Reservation advised at +33 2 33 91 30 03 or email@example.com. - Guaranteed tour from 5 people registered.
- On 11 august 2019
- Route de la Brancherie
- From 7h to 19h. Proposed by the leisure club of Saint-Michel-des-Loups. - Exhibitors: reservation required 8 € the 4 m. - No food products. - Information: Tel. +33 2 33 51 34 33 or firstname.lastname@example.org - Court of the old school, town of Saint-Michel-des-Loups, in Jullouville.
Brocante of the Professionals
- On 14 august 2019
- Avenue du Docteur Lemonnier
- Summer market of antiques-flea market - From 8h to 19h. About 40 professional exhibitors. - Price: free. Information: Tel. +33 7 71 66 17 13 - Avenue of Dr. Lemonnier, Jullouville.