Jau-Dignac-et-Loirac The village is located in the south-west France. Specifically in the Médoc (Gironde) about 30 km from the tip of the Medoc, 3 km from the estuary of the Gironde, 15 km from the beaches of the Atlantic and 80 miles north of Bordeaux.
Formerly, the islands surrounded by water where we traveled in a boat, three small municipalities grouped for a century and a half between estuary and ocean with an area of 4 500 hectares for a population of 883 inhabitants.
The town of the Roman Jovis to consist of three separate parishes, who meet in 1851, St Pierre de Jau, Dignac of St Peter and St Romain de Loyrac, they form the ends of a triangle whose center of gravity is called : Jau-Dignac and Loirac or "Center".
Marshes drained by Dutchmen in the 17th century, lined with tamarisk, feed many cattle, sheep and horses, producing cereals, while on his mounds of serious harvested a generous wine, with its twenty Medoc appellation wines.
The buildings built mostly between the 18th and 19th century emphasized the importance of this period for the village. In fact the reunification of the three parishes promotes the implementation of new building, like the church, town hall, school or rectory.