New municipality of the Orne, Normandy region, Écouché-les-Vallées takes place about fifty kilometers from Alençon. Formed by the meeting of the villages of Batilly, La Courbe, Écouché, Loucé, Saint-Ouen-sur-Maire, Fontenai-sur-Orne, and Serans in 2016, it is located not far from Argentan, Fleuré and Giel-Courteilles.
Of ancient origin, the various municipalities forming Écouché-les-Vallées have had a rich and fascinating history. Marked in particular by the Second World War, like most of the Norman cities, they were able to rebound and develop in the second half of the 20th century to take the face we know today.
A stay on Écouché-les-Vallées is an opportunity to enjoy the beautiful green and unspoilt landscapes of the Orne and admire some of the most beautiful cities of Normandy. The town also has an architectural and historical heritage to appreciate at its fair value.
On Batilly, do not forget to admire the Saint-Roch chapel, the church of the eighteenth century, the Saint-Martin church of the nineteenth, the chapel at Thirteen-Saints, or the castle of Ménil-Glaise. Outdoor walkers will also enjoy a ride in the wood of Oak to Man.
The Curve is an opportunity to admire two archaeological sites listed as Historical Monuments, the High Castle Camp and the Lower Curve Camp.
The Notre-Dame d'Ecouché church is worth a visit with its remains from the 15th and 16th centuries. Listed as a Historic Monument, it also houses three bas-reliefs, two altarpieces, and a high altar classified as an object. While browsing the building, you will be able to admire a nave of the XIIIth century, arches with triple voussure on columns with polygonal capitals, or even vaults with crossed of ogives. In the town, you can also discover the remains of the old urban wall, the chapel of Saint-Nicolas and its cemetery of the twelfth century, or the tank of General Leclerc, the Massawa, which marks the entrance to the city.
Listed in the Historical Monuments, the church Saint-Brice de Loucé partially dates from the eleventh century. Deeply modified in the thirteenth century, it reveals several works classified as an object, as well as a nave added in the fifteenth century. In the town, do not miss to admire the exteriors of the Moulin l'Evêque or Beaurepaire Castle.
The 15th century Saint-Sulpice church in Serans unveils several classified works. The castle of the seventeenth century can also discover beautiful exhibitions of the workshop Balias.
In the church of St. Martin Fontenai-sur-Orne, you can discover an altar, a tabernacle, an altarpiece and four statues in niches of the Virgin and Child, St. Joseph, St. James and St. Radegund eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
The Ecouché market is held every Friday morning. A garage sale is organized every May 1st in Fontenai-sur-Orne.
In March, place at the artists' lounge in the village hall.
The feast of St. John is celebrated in June in Fontenai-sur-Orne.
In June, a festival of plastic arts is organized in the castle of Serans.
Exhibition by Alain Jacqueline
- From 3 to 24 june 2019
- 9 rue des trois frères Terrier, Atelier d'Artistes, Ecouché
- Exhibition of paintings by Alain Jacqueline
Fire of Saint John & Music Festival
- On 22 june 2019
- Champ de Foire
- On-site catering (meals, refreshments, crepes..) - Outdoor ball
Fabien Tabur - A Summer Ornais Very Contemporary - Arts in Cities
- From 24 june to 1 september 2019
- Atelier d'Artistes, Ecouché
- The engraving can be apprehended as the imprint of a gesture, the trace of a movement. The engraved plate accounts for the past action, as the bark of the tree of previous growth. A breakthrough led by the hand as testimony, as a trace of a passage. - This series of engravings seeks to link the gesture of engraving in search of light. A breakthrough of matter as light. The paper appears when the material is removed. - The opaque gives way to the bright. Fabien Tabur
The Musicales of Mesnil Glaise
- From 29 to 30 june 2019
- Ferme Saint Roch, Mesnil Glaise - Batilly
- Classical Music Festival
Nature / Discovery Tour of the Meanders of the Orne
- On 17 july 2019
- Les Méandres de l'Orne, serans, rendez-vous parking de Ménil-Glaise, près du Pont de l'Orne
- Nature walk between rocky escarpments, historical heritage and wet meadows on the banks of the Orne, at the gateway to Norman Switzerland.
Cliff: Castle-fortress of William the Conqueror.
Castles of Sassy, O, Carrouges, Médavy, Vandoeuvre, Saint-Léonard, Serrans...
Caen: City museum including the Peace Memorial.
Argentan Racecourse (PMU).