New municipality of the Orne, Normandy region, Écouché-les-Vallées takes place about fifty kilometers from Alençon. Formed by the meeting of the villages of Batilly, La Courbe, Écouché, Loucé, Saint-Ouen-sur-Maire, Fontenai-sur-Orne, and Serans in 2016, it is located not far from Argentan, Fleuré and Giel-Courteilles.
Of ancient origin, the various municipalities forming Écouché-les-Vallées have had a rich and fascinating history. Marked in particular by the Second World War, like most of the Norman cities, they were able to rebound and develop in the second half of the 20th century to take the face we know today.
A stay on Écouché-les-Vallées is an opportunity to enjoy the beautiful green and unspoilt landscapes of the Orne and admire some of the most beautiful cities of Normandy. The town also has an architectural and historical heritage to appreciate at its fair value.
On Batilly, do not forget to admire the Saint-Roch chapel, the church of the eighteenth century, the Saint-Martin church of the nineteenth, the chapel at Thirteen-Saints, or the castle of Ménil-Glaise. Outdoor walkers will also enjoy a ride in the wood of Oak to Man.
The Curve is an opportunity to admire two archaeological sites listed as Historical Monuments, the High Castle Camp and the Lower Curve Camp.
The Notre-Dame d'Ecouché church is worth a visit with its remains from the 15th and 16th centuries. Listed as a Historic Monument, it also houses three bas-reliefs, two altarpieces, and a high altar classified as an object. While browsing the building, you will be able to admire a nave of the XIIIth century, arches with triple voussure on columns with polygonal capitals, or even vaults with crossed of ogives. In the town, you can also discover the remains of the old urban wall, the chapel of Saint-Nicolas and its cemetery of the twelfth century, or the tank of General Leclerc, the Massawa, which marks the entrance to the city.
Listed in the Historical Monuments, the church Saint-Brice de Loucé partially dates from the eleventh century. Deeply modified in the thirteenth century, it reveals several works classified as an object, as well as a nave added in the fifteenth century. In the town, do not miss to admire the exteriors of the Moulin l'Evêque or Beaurepaire Castle.
The 15th century Saint-Sulpice church in Serans unveils several classified works. The castle of the seventeenth century can also discover beautiful exhibitions of the workshop Balias.
In the church of St. Martin Fontenai-sur-Orne, you can discover an altar, a tabernacle, an altarpiece and four statues in niches of the Virgin and Child, St. Joseph, St. James and St. Radegund eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
The Ecouché market is held every Friday morning. A garage sale is organized every May 1st in Fontenai-sur-Orne.
In March, place at the artists' lounge in the village hall.
The feast of St. John is celebrated in June in Fontenai-sur-Orne.
In June, a festival of plastic arts is organized in the castle of Serans.
Everything is Lost, Everything is Created, Everything is Transformed - Morgan - A Contemporary French Summer
- From 2 july to 18 september 2022
- 41 Rue des 3 Frères Terrier, Atelier d'artistes
- From cosmic iron to telluric iron to wrought iron to fossil iron to burning iron to living iron… - After having collected the know-how of the forges of Africa, Spain and Italy, Morgan imagines and works his works in the heart of the Orne. He has been in the grip of steel for more than two decades, posted on the lookout for mystery. In his works we find this mixture of materials that he wants to make sensual and airy, a look at the hidden faces of nature, on our origins, on the first cultures… - Free visit from Monday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 14 p.m. to 18 p.m. Closing at 17 p.m. on Monday.
- From 8 august to 4 september 2022
- 41 rue des trois frères Terrier
- Exhibition of Isabelle Mallet
Treasure Hunt "Help Hugues le Mercier Find his Goods"
- On 20 august 2022
- Place du Général Warabiot
- Discover the alleys of Écouché. To do this, you will have to help Hugues le Mercier find his precious merchandise that was stolen from him during the Angevin Fair. Solve the puzzles, find the right codes and above all don't get lost in this maze of alleys! - From 8 years old
Guided Tour: Maze of Alleys In Écouché
- On 21 august 2022
- Place du Général Warabiot
- Come and explore the medieval streets of Ecouché, a small City of Character, a guaranteed leap in time. - Follow your guide and discover the secrets of these alleys, the many towers, signs of the enrichment of the bourgeois, the church and its architecture witness to the evolution of styles. - Maximum number of people: 25
Cliff: Castle-fortress of William the Conqueror.
Castles of Sassy, O, Carrouges, Médavy, Vandoeuvre, Saint-Léonard, Serrans...
Caen: City museum including the Peace Memorial.
Argentan Racecourse (PMU).