Small village on the road n ° 74 halfway between Nancy and Dijon. Although exposed to the east, on the edge of the plateau overlooking the broad valley of the Meuse. Its economy is predominantly agricultural dominated farming on the rich grasslands of Bassigny.
The old village is the fact that the upper part of its territory was mined iron ore open pit. Its territory was crossed by the great Roman road "Agrippa" linking Lyon, the capital of Gaul in Trier.
The village was the site of a manor from the 12th century whose Meuvy, Is-in-Bassigny, bumblebees, Jonchery, dépendèrent. Of the younger branch of Choiseul d'Aillecourt are from the Choiseul-Beaupré, Gouffier Choiseul, Choiseul-La Baume, Choiseul Stainville ... after the extinction of the elder in 1474.
In the parish church of Saint-Martin, remain from this period, the monument placed by Jacques-François, illuminated in a crypt which were buried many members and two hearts embalmed. A family tree shows the descendants of this illustrious family with a portrait and history of those who belong to the history of France. Tours are free and can be commented upon request to the mayor.
Regular activities offered to members of the Foyer Socio-cultural theater, gymnastics voluntary club of the 3rd Age, pictorial art, library, recreation center in July without accommodation, travel, ski trips in the Vosges, tea dances ... For information and membership, call +33 3 25 31 34 26.