Originally Cubières-sur-Cinoble (Cupiera) had an abbey built in the Carolingian period whose archives we confirm its existence in the year 844, under Charles the Bald. Passed successively under the control of the lords of Counties Bésalu and Fenouillèdes and the lords of Peyrepertuse, it is united to in 1073 at the Abbey of Moissac and Cluny.
By 1200, the monastery of Cubières is only a priory dependent on the abbot of Moissac and its history is lost thereafter leaving us a remnant 1/3 of the surface of the original church. The church today has an original orientation with its altar in the north and the main entrance to the south.
Possibility of free tours daily from 9am to 19pm.