Originally the village was called "Cormeliae" which means "The Cormeilles", implying the existence of several communities united in a single forming a borough. Constitute the three parishes: St. Peter, St. Sylvester and St. Croix as the French Revolution has split into three separate municipalities: Saint-Pierre-de-Cormeilles, Saint-Sylvestre-de-Cormeilles and Cormeilles.
Cormeilles is now a town of the Pays d'Auge of 1230 inhabitants located in the valley of Calonne. Valley which is named after the river that runs through and is a confluence of Touques. Calonne is the only river in the department of Eure who did not cast into the Seine.