The Chapel Notre-Dame-des-Anges is located in the town of Collobrières in the Var, about twenty kilometers north of the beaches of Le Lavandou.
Precisely located on one of the peaks of the Massif des Maures, 768 m above sea level, the chapel is surrounded by chestnut trees, cork oaks and maritime pines, and from the site, the visitor enjoys an unparalleled panorama. at the harbor of Toulon.
The current building was rebuilt in 1844 and since 1900 has been added a cloister with rooms for pilgrims.
In the chapel, is visible a Virgin walnut seventeenth century and have been affixed or hung many ex-voto (most painted on various media), the most surprising being however a crocodile "stuffed" reported from Africa by a explorer in 1685.
The current buildings of the chapel and small priory, now served by Franciscan monks, were raised with the stones and ruins of an older sanctuary, the cult of Our Lady of the Angels dating back to the Merovingian period.
Pilgrimages have always been done. Nowadays, hikers love nature and serenity (follow the GR9). Access from the village of Collobrières or, from Gonfaron, via the D39 to the Col des Fourches.
Information on +33 4 94 33 25 43 or +33 4 89 26 03 80.