Located in the Parc National de Montagne de Reims, the village was once called "Castello-Super-Matronam" which seems to prove that the Romans would have erected a fortress on the hill and in the early Middle Ages, would still exist the ruins of the Castrum "Roman. But the town was at the foot of the coast, with shipping and stone bridge over the marl (Village of Binson). At the foot of the hill, we see the Binson Priory which was built in the 11th century on the site of a holy shrine where lived Posen who evangelized the region in the 7th century in the cloister are grouped, statues, sarcophagi and tombstones several Lords of Chatillon. He was successively monastery, leper colony, now a parish church and free college. Chatillon suffered particularly from the 1914-1918 war. The cemetery reflects the sacrifices military history.