Stop on the road to Santiago (road to Vézelay) Bénévent-l'Abbaye has built around its abbey. The abbey, built in the 12th century is dedicated to St. Barts. Its architecture is Celtic-Romanesque. For the record, in 1028, a Canon of Limoges, named Humbert, founded a priory at Secondelas; this pious foundation is augmented in 1073 by the chapter of Limoges. It soon after removal of the relics of St. Bartholomew, from Benevento in Italy. The name of Secondelas is then replaced by Benevento. In 1458, the priory, at the request of Marc Foucauld de Saint Germain-Beaupré and the favor of his brother Louis, is elevated to an abbey.