Baugé and Baugeois are between the valleys of the Loire and Loir in Anjou. Baugé is 35 km from Saumur and 40 km from Angers. The situation is ideal for exploring the Loire Valley and its castles.
Bauge-the-young is born in the eleventh century by the will of Fulk III Nerra. The Count of Anjou, whose heir founded the powerful Plantagenet dynasty, established an imposing fortress at the confluence of the altree and Couasnon on a promontory now leveled. Fourteen years after the brilliant victory of the Franco-Scottish troops on the chivalry of the Duke of Clarence, March 22, 1421, the Duchess Yolande of Aragon was forced to burn the citadel to prevent the English settled there. His son, Duke René of Anjou, heir to a ruin. In 1454, he decided to build a new castle leaning on the wall of the old wall. It gives a boost to the city, when his nephew Louis XI attached Anjou to the crown in 1471.
- The course inside Performing castle of King René: In the attic of the castle through the magic of sound, light and image, the delights of King Rene of Anjou.
- Discover also two jewels of the seventeenth century settled in the heart of the Hotel-Dieu de Bauge: an apothecary and a chapel. In a room completely covered in wood paneling, the pharmacy is among the most beautiful in France. It presents a collection of vases, pots and other containers pharmacy of over 600 pieces.
- Anjou La Croix is located in the chapel of the Girouardière. In 1241, the bishop of Crete gives a noble crusader relic in recognition of his devotion to Christianity. Back in Anjou it transmits to the abbey of La Boissiere. Venerated by the Dukes of Anjou and Lorraine will become in 1477 the emblem of this region. General de Gaulle will be the symbol of the Resistance and Liberation. La Croix d'Anjou is visible Bauge since 1789.
- Saint-Denis Church of Pontigné (twelfth and thirteenth centuries), one of the most interesting of Anjou, known in particular for its twisted spire and wall paintings from the thirteenth to the sixteenth century. Restoration work helped make interesting discoveries (especially paintings and sculptures). Label "welcoming church". Circuit "twisted steeples Baugeois" and "twisted steeples of Europe."
- Manoir de Clairefontaine fifteenth, former Cistercian grange of XII-XIV, converted into a recreational mansion in the XV, fully furnished XV-XVII, a historical monument. Park of 50 hectares. Many pets. One of the most authentic medieval manors of Anjou. Open in July and August, every day except Wednesday. A Bauge, out of town, to Saumur (D 938).
- Dolmen "The Stone Covered" Pontigné, 2.5 km west of the town.
- Forest Chandelais, south of the town.
- Hiking trails approved (loop of 14 km, 7 km link with another trail).
- 18 hole golf course, the Domaine de Bordes (Baugé-Tours road).
- Picnic area at the southern entrance of the village.
- Fort Ball Company.
- Deer farming (Villaine farm).
- Mohair products (farm of Rainière).
- Bar, restaurant, creperie.
The castle of Grifferaie is in the middle of a family park, Holly Park. A beautiful setting with a rose garden, all being raised and shaded. Many attractions for all ages.
The ## Guédeniau:
- Watermill in working order, producing electricity.
- 5 footpaths ranked among the most beautiful in the department.
- Markets every Monday afternoon and Saturday morning.
- Ronde des Sangliers (mountain biking, cycling and walking) on the 2nd Sunday of March.
- Easter Fair.
- Garage sale on Easter Sunday.
- Bauge the Secret, in June.
- Blues Festival between May and July.
- Garage sale on the first Saturday of July.
- Medieval festival on July 14th.
- Theatrical visits, the 3rd weekend of September (Heritage Days).
- Biennial Painting and Sculpture in October.
- Foulques III Nerra show at the end of November.
- Escaliblues, at the Pub Excalibur, blues concerts, Easter Sunday.
- Blues Festival, at the Clairefontaine Manor, numerous concerts from May to July.
- Christmas market.
At the end of August, there is a party called "Bocé Aut'fois", whose program is as follows: preparation and tasting of soups and jams, slide show on the history of Bocé, shoemaking, basketry, organ of barbarism, memories of yesteryear by former students of St. Anne's School, sleigh ride; bicycle contest and flower umbrellas for children; boules games, stories and stories read for young and old.
From May to December, except November at the water mill, from the 2nd Sunday to the 3rd Sunday of the month from 14h to 18h: free exhibition of the association Art and culture in Guédaniellissois country.
In August, the NTP festival offers two plays a day. Spirit trestles for this festival that takes place outdoors in a magical setting. The merry troupe of 20 actors from the major theater schools will offer great classics revisited, priced from 5 to 15 €. Do not miss !
Circuit Arts & Chapels at the Castle of Montgeoffroy in Mazé
- From 25 june to 21 august 2022
- This year, the Château de Montgeoffroy is delighted to be a stop on the Arts & Chapelles 2022 circuit. The sculptor Améliane Jouve will propose her works which will be installed in The Chapel of the Castle, open for the occasion every day * to the public from June 25 to August 21. - A mediator will be present for a time of exchange with visitors every Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday. - When the power of art meets that of History… - * according to the opening day of the castle
It's summer at the Museum of Art and History - Family Survey: From thread to Needle
- From 9 july to 31 august 2022
- Château et Hôtel-Dieu de Baugé, Place de l'Europe- Baugé
- Every Friday of the summer - Family entertainment for the little ones (3-6 years old) at 10:30 am - Animation for adults (7-12 years old) at 15h - Our mediator accompanies you through the exhibition From thread to needle in search of the tailor's key. Will you be able to find her in time to collect the bride's dress? - A survey around the 1900 stalls suitable for the little ones in the morning - And to the older ones in the afternoon. - Reservation at the +33 2 41 84 00 74 - http://www.chateau-bauge.fr
Treasure hunt at the Lake in Baugé
- On 9 august 2022
- Baugé, Plan d'eau de Baugé
- During a rally, come and discover the biodiversity around the Baugé pond. Many species have found refuge there! But be careful, to get to know them better, you will have to solve puzzles. Will you be up to the task? - Family - Provide walking shoes and clothing adapted to the weather. - In partnership with LPO Anjou. - Information and registration at the town hall of Baugé in Anjou.
I discovered Beekeeping in Saint-Martin-d'Arc
- On 10 august 2022
- Come and discover the wonderful world of beekeeping. After an explanation of all the beekeeper's equipment, you will learn about the life of bees in the hive. The visit will continue with the honey factory to discover all the secrets of honey extraction and to finish, nothing better than a tasting of the different honeys produced to regenerate your energy. - Family - from 8 years old - Provide walking shoes and clothing adapted to the weather - In partnership with the eurl l'or de la ruche - Information and registration at the town hall of Baugé in Anjou
Theatrical visits to the Hôtel Dieu de Baugé
- From 10 to 24 august 2022
- Baugé, Hôtel Dieu
- Clotilde de Cinq Sens, a librarian with a passion for history, a bachelor and her indispensable factotum, Emile, a handyman, gardener and poet in his spare time, are back on duty! - These two very well-intentioned guides try to revive the historical characters but they sometimes get their feet in the carpet of history. A whimsical and offbeat show is guaranteed… - Reservation required - Limited number of places. - Ambassador cards do not allow free access to theatrical tours.
Pottery Workshops for children and teenagers in Bocé
- From 11 to 18 august 2022
- Bocé, Manoir de Vallette
- Free topic - for children and teenagers. - Paola Perron can plan dates with you for workshops with family or friends.
Blue Grass Festival with Keys
- From 13 to 15 august 2022
- Clefs, Lieu-dit La Cour du Liège
- Blue Grass Festival
Feast of the Big Croissant at Guedeniau
- On 14 august 2022
- Le Guédeniau
- Feast of the Big Croissant at Guedeniau