Baugé and Baugeois are between the valleys of the Loire and Loir in Anjou. Baugé is 35 km from Saumur and 40 km from Angers. The situation is ideal for exploring the Loire Valley and its castles.
Bauge-the-young is born in the eleventh century by the will of Fulk III Nerra. The Count of Anjou, whose heir founded the powerful Plantagenet dynasty, established an imposing fortress at the confluence of the altree and Couasnon on a promontory now leveled. Fourteen years after the brilliant victory of the Franco-Scottish troops on the chivalry of the Duke of Clarence, March 22, 1421, the Duchess Yolande of Aragon was forced to burn the citadel to prevent the English settled there. His son, Duke René of Anjou, heir to a ruin. In 1454, he decided to build a new castle leaning on the wall of the old wall. It gives a boost to the city, when his nephew Louis XI attached Anjou to the crown in 1471.
- The course inside Performing castle of King René: In the attic of the castle through the magic of sound, light and image, the delights of King Rene of Anjou.
- Discover also two jewels of the seventeenth century settled in the heart of the Hotel-Dieu de Bauge: an apothecary and a chapel. In a room completely covered in wood paneling, the pharmacy is among the most beautiful in France. It presents a collection of vases, pots and other containers pharmacy of over 600 pieces.
- Anjou La Croix is located in the chapel of the Girouardière. In 1241, the bishop of Crete gives a noble crusader relic in recognition of his devotion to Christianity. Back in Anjou it transmits to the abbey of La Boissiere. Venerated by the Dukes of Anjou and Lorraine will become in 1477 the emblem of this region. General de Gaulle will be the symbol of the Resistance and Liberation. La Croix d'Anjou is visible Bauge since 1789.
- Saint-Denis Church of Pontigné (twelfth and thirteenth centuries), one of the most interesting of Anjou, known in particular for its twisted spire and wall paintings from the thirteenth to the sixteenth century. Restoration work helped make interesting discoveries (especially paintings and sculptures). Label "welcoming church". Circuit "twisted steeples Baugeois" and "twisted steeples of Europe."
- Manoir de Clairefontaine fifteenth, former Cistercian grange of XII-XIV, converted into a recreational mansion in the XV, fully furnished XV-XVII, a historical monument. Park of 50 hectares. Many pets. One of the most authentic medieval manors of Anjou. Open in July and August, every day except Wednesday. A Bauge, out of town, to Saumur (D 938).
- Dolmen "The Stone Covered" Pontigné, 2.5 km west of the town.
- Forest Chandelais, south of the town.
- Hiking trails approved (loop of 14 km, 7 km link with another trail).
- 18 hole golf course, the Domaine de Bordes (Baugé-Tours road).
- Picnic area at the southern entrance of the village.
- Fort Ball Company.
- Deer farming (Villaine farm).
- Mohair products (farm of Rainière).
- Bar, restaurant, creperie.
The castle of Grifferaie is in the middle of a family park, Holly Park. A beautiful setting with a rose garden, all being raised and shaded. Many attractions for all ages.
The ## Guédeniau:
- Watermill in working order, producing electricity.
- 5 footpaths ranked among the most beautiful in the department.
- Markets every Monday afternoon and Saturday morning.
- Ronde des Sangliers (mountain biking, cycling and walking) on the 2nd Sunday of March.
- Easter Fair.
- Garage sale on Easter Sunday.
- Bauge the Secret, in June.
- Blues Festival between May and July.
- Garage sale on the first Saturday of July.
- Medieval festival on July 14th.
- Theatrical visits, the 3rd weekend of September (Heritage Days).
- Biennial Painting and Sculpture in October.
- Foulques III Nerra show at the end of November.
- Escaliblues, at the Pub Excalibur, blues concerts, Easter Sunday.
- Blues Festival, at the Clairefontaine Manor, numerous concerts from May to July.
- Christmas market.
At the end of August, there is a party called "Bocé Aut'fois", whose program is as follows: preparation and tasting of soups and jams, slide show on the history of Bocé, shoemaking, basketry, organ of barbarism, memories of yesteryear by former students of St. Anne's School, sleigh ride; bicycle contest and flower umbrellas for children; boules games, stories and stories read for young and old.
From May to December, except November at the water mill, from the 2nd Sunday to the 3rd Sunday of the month from 14h to 18h: free exhibition of the association Art and culture in Guédaniellissois country.
In August, the NTP festival offers two plays a day. Spirit trestles for this festival that takes place outdoors in a magical setting. The merry troupe of 20 actors from the major theater schools will offer great classics revisited, priced from 5 to 15 €. Do not miss !
Complete Course of Magnetism Dowsing-Baugé
- From 25 july to 24 october 2020
- 59, Place du Marché, Baugé
- Training 4 Saturday afternoon: 8 / 02-14 / 03-04 / 04-15 / 05 and Saturday 25 July, 22 August September 19 and 24 October - Need to 4 courses. - Registration required.
Dramatized visit to the Castle of Baugé
- From 27 july to 25 august 2020
- Baugé, Château
- Dramatized visit to the Castle of Baugé. - Clotilde Five Senses, librarian, passionate history, family and its indispensable factotum Emile, handyman, gardener and occasional poet invest Baugé Castle. These two well-meaning guides attempt to revive historical characters but sometimes take foot in the history of carpet! whimsical and offbeat warranty Visit... - Duration 1:30. - Mandatory reservation
Theatrical Visits to the Hotel Dieu of Bauge
- From 27 july to 25 august 2020
- Baugé, Hôtel Dieu
- Clotilde Five Senses, passionate librarian history, family and its indispensable factotum, Emile, handyman, gardener and occasional poet, back to business! - These two well-meaning guides try to revive the historical figures but they sometimes take foot in the history of carpet. Whimsical and quirky show assured... - Duration: 1:30 - Reservations required - Space limited. - The ambassadors cards do not allow free access to theatrical tours.
Collective Loire Art Workshops in Baugé
- From 4 to 9 august 2020
- Baugé, Hotel-Dieu
- Go now annual with artisans and artists of Baugé-en-Anjou and surroundings. - For this 4th edition ten artisans will welcome you in a new setting: the vaulted rooms of the Hotel-Dieu. - Through exchanges, demonstrations and presentation of their creations, artisans present their technologies and know-how.
France Championship Sidecar in Baugé
- From 5 to 6 september 2020
- Pontigné, Terrain de Moto Cross La Folie
- Saturday: league championships citérium and mini cross (6-11 years) - Sunday: league championships and 125 cm3 quad + last national race sidecar cross
Fair Well Being "Happy Land" in Baugé
- From 3 to 4 october 2020
- Baugé, Centre Culturel René d'Anjou
- For this 4th edition, the Happy Earth lounge invites you to relax and consume differently. Come meet 60 exhibitors wellness, healthy living, natural products and local producers / artisans. - Conferences and workshops you will find alternative activities. - Adopt Zen Attitude with salons Earth Happy! - Food and bar on site.