In the hamlet of St Aygue, flint blades cut and Roman tiles were found.
The construction of the castle by Guichard Oingt back to the 13th century. Geoffroy de Balsac there received the young Charles 8th October 30, 1490. Madame de Sevigne stayed at the castle on the night of October 11, 1673.
The revolution took place in Bagnols without excess or notorious destruction, despite the unfortunate history of dandies that marked forever the memory of men.
During the Second World War, the windows of the Cathedral of St. John and most works of art of the Rhône department were hidden in the castle.
Bagnols houses are built of golden stone from quarries in the village. They date from the 17th century (1615 in the hamlet of Longchamp) and the 18th century and often take older items.
Local stone carvers were 19 and 11 in the 17th century to the 19th century which Dugelay CM, author of the cross instead. The activity of stonemasons seems to stop Bagnols between 1920 and 1935.
Church Bagnols appears in the cartulary of Lyon County 948. The present church dates from the 15th century was enlarged in 1850.