Auzas takes its name from a wealthy Gallo-Roman named Avitius. The first implementation of the village dates back to about the year 500 and was located in the current "Mortais", so called in reference to the extermination of the population by the Saracens. The village was razed and rebuilt in 1300, where he is today, limestone Nanjing, used especially on the beautiful facades of old houses Auzassiennes. The lordship of Auzas was discontinued in 1240-1241 by Count Comminges in favor of his brothers. In 1667, the lord justiciary of Auzas is the abbot of Bonnefont. The 18th century., Jean-François Lafue is the lord of Auzas. During the Revolution, Auzas is a thriving village with its weavers and its peddlers.
Auzas is twinned in 2011 with Bulgan village Gobi in Mongolia.