Commune of Morbihan, Arzon takes place in Brittany, at the end of the peninsula Rhuys. Bordered by the Gulf of Morbihan and the bay of Quiberon, it is characterized by the presence of two seaside resorts, Port-Navalo and Le Crouesty. The town is also part of the arrondissement of Vannes, another very touristic city of the region.
The proximity of Arzon with the coasts of the Atlantic Ocean make it a commune appreciated by tourists and lovers of natural spaces. In addition to swimming, it is possible to practice a large number of outdoor activities, whether it is hiking or water sports.
The small town of just over 2,000 inhabitants also has an interesting architectural heritage that testifies to the history of the site throughout the centuries.
Built at the beginning of the 20th century, the seaside resort of Port-Navalo is one of the main attractions of Arzon. Offering an unbeatable panorama of Quiberon and Locmariaquer, it is also a marina of great importance. In addition to the beaches, perfect for lazing around or windsurfing, the resort also has a lighthouse of the 19th century, as well as a very beautiful roadstead.
The other major seaside resort of Arzon is Le Crouesty. More modern than its sister, it is in perpetual development since the 1970s, taking place around the largest marina of the coasts of Brittany. There is also a thalassotherapy center.
Walking in the town, you can also admire a cairn, dolmens or a tidal mill. The church is also worth a visit, as is the Saint Nicolas chapel in the hamlet of Kerners, or the statue of Saint Anne in Bilgroix.
On the coastal paths, you will be able to appreciate the fauna and the flora, as well as the different points that surround Arzon: those of Béché, Beninz, Bilgroix, Kerners, Monteno, Penbert and Saint-Nicolas.
Arzon also hosts a casino with many slot machines and annual animations.
The weekly market is held every Tuesday morning. In the summer period, between July and August, another market is added on Friday morning.
A festival of Irish music is held every year in February.
In July, for a weekend, the big regattas of Port-Navalo meet cruisers, monotypes or even sailboats in the Gulf.
Between July and August, the Arzonnaises offer several concerts in the town.
Every first weekend of November, Le Crouesty welcomes Mille Sabords, the largest bartering event of second-hand boats in the country.
Imagine your ship! at the Auction
- From 6 april to 9 june 2019
- La Criée, Rue du Général De Gaulle
- Arzon - navalo port auction imagine your ship! From Saturday, April 6 to Sunday, June 9, the exhibition invites the public to imagine how men design and then build ships to meet their desire to move on the water. By browsing the exhibition, its digital games and interactive manipulations the visitor becomes in turn naval architect and navigator. Free. Info & reservations: +33 2 97 53 71 65 - firstname.lastname@example.org. Open Wednesday to Saturday from 14:00 to 18:00 and Sunday during school holidays, except Sunday 5 May.
The Cairn of Petit Mont Fête Golf Week
- From 30 may to 1 june 2019
- Boulevard de la rade, Port Navalo
- Thursday 30th, Friday 31st May and Saturday 1st Junearzon - navalo harbor all day long: the little mountain cairn is celebrating the week of the gulf! During the Gulf Week, the cairn of Petit Mont offers animations on prehistoric navigation and fishing. On the program: construction of a boat (canoe, oracle...), culinary workshop, fishing... and we count on your participation to test and manufacture! Free. Info & bookings: http://www.cairndepetitmont.com or +33 2 97 53 74 03.
Marolito Duo Cargo Concert
- On 31 may 2019
- Bar le Cargo, Port du Crouesty, Quai d'honneur
- Friday, May 31 arzon - bar restaurant cargo 22:00 concert marolito duo concert Rumba FlamencoFree. Info & reservations: +33 2 97 44 53 85.
Exhibition Basil Ducourneau - Photographer at the Moulin de Pen Castel
- From 1 to 29 june 2019
- Moulin de Pen Castel, Rue de Keravello
- Arzon - mill of pen castel. exhibition basile ducourneau - photographer. From Saturday 1st to Saturday 29th June, discover the weather adventures of a storm hunter and tornadoes to better see and understand the celestial events taking place in the sky, above our heads... Free. Info: email@example.com - +33 2 97 53 88 06 - +33 2 97 53 71 65. Open Wednesday to Saturday, from 14h to 18h.
Exhibition of the Arzon Photo Club
- From 4 to 30 june 2019
- Maison des Associations, Rue de la Gendarmerie
- Arzon - home of associations photo club arzon associations from Tuesday 4th to Sunday 30th of June the Arzon Photo Club proposes a walk in the streets this year. Each photographer makes us discover his way of wandering in this space: place of unexpected discoveries. Free. Info & reservations: +33 2 97 53 77 88. From 10:00 to 12:00 and from 14:00 to 17:00.
Crouesty Grand Prix
- From 7 to 10 june 2019
- Capitainerie du Crouesty, Rue du Vice Amiral d'Harcourt - Port du Crouesty
- From Friday 7th to Monday 10th June arzon - crouesty port - quiberon bay from 8.30 am to 6 pm: crouesty event, a nautical event gathering HN Osiris, IRC, Monotypes and sport catamarans. Organized by the ycca, the Grand Prix du Crouesty is the essential sailing competition of the weekend of Pentecost. The races are visible panoramic views of the Bay of Quiberon. Info & reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org or +33 2 97 53 78 07.
Lecture Korantin Denis "Talismans, Spells and Popular Medicine: The Search for Protective Powers"
- On 12 june 2019
- 8 rue de la gendarmerie, Maison des associations
- Wednesday, June 12 arzon - house associations. 20:00: korantin denis, "talismans, spells and folk medicine: the search for protective powers" people of Vannetais, so permeable in the sense of the sacred, made use of many talismans and amulets. Men, women and children used various preventive or curative means to guard against spells, diseases or virtues. Price: Not communicated. Info & Reservations: email@example.com.
Chants de Marins Concert
- On 14 june 2019
- Port du Crouesty
- Friday, June 14 arzon - port of Crouesty 18:30: singing sailors concert in partnership with Grand Largue The Bourlingueurs Rhuys will offer a festive moment for the benefit of children in difficulty - Appointment in the evening to sing and dance with us. Free participation. Infos & reservations: +33 6 74 74 66 57.
Mariners of the Port
- On 15 june 2019
- Port du Crouesty
- Saturday, June 15 arzonport crouesty 17:00: mariners port dress Code: All in sailor. This evening will be accompanied by local craftsmen with more than twenty exhibitors. The theme evening: La Marinière. From 18h, mussels-fries at will for the restaurants of the Port, unique price. And to close the evening around 22h, Free Concert. Info & reservations: http://www.ucaa.fr.
- From 15 to 21 june 2019
- Port du Crouesty, Quai d'honneur
- From saturday 15 to friday 21 june arzon - crouesty harbor - quiberon bay from 08h30 to 18h00: duo cat'amania this year, participants will sail west from Crouesty, with a program passing through Port-Haliguen, Lorient, Concarneau, Locmiquélic, La Trinité, for a final at Crouesty Friday 21Infos & reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org - +33 2 97 53 78 07.